Cumberland Physical Therapy is currently accepting referrals for aqua therapy. Our new state-of-the-art pool at 6375 Mercury Drive in Mechanicsburg (by Wegmans) has the following features:
- 92-94 degree water temperature.
- 16 x 20 size - big enough to accommodate therapy patients as well as wellness patients.
- Therapy jets for resistance and balance training.
- Hand held massager for underwater soft tissue work.
- 3 different water depths for program progression and deep water work.
- Viewing windows to monitor patient's exercise technique/gait.
- Underwater treadmill.
- We will see new patients within 24-48 hours of referral.
- Discharged patients have the choice to continue using the pool as part of a wellness program.
Here's what one patient had to say...
"All the therapists and staff are attentive... The facility is light, sunny, and the general energy of the place is positive and calming. The therapy pool is truly that - not a swimming pool. The temperature of the water is warm - muscles are able to relax and perform the exercises. The therapist there is constantly working to make sure all exercises are being executed correctly and is always working to make sure the floors and changing rooms are safe. The pool sides enable the therapist to see your legs and feet. There are jets behind a bench which helps relax the muscles after exercise. This is an all-inclusive facility using expert therapists and excellent, up-to-date equipment to bring me from the early, crippling stages of a knee replacement to the place where I can function without much discomfort in the life I was accustomed to. I would heartily recommend this facility to anyone and everyone!
~ Former CPT Aquatics Patient
Below is a clip of a newscast a local station did regarding our pool. Click the "Play" button to view it.
Cumberland Physical Therapy:
"One-On-One Care, Because We Care"
For an appointment,
Please call ~ 591-3000